Vampire Weekend - Unbelievers
Vampire Weekend - Unbelievers
DESSERT! Cookie dough bars #paleo #glutenfree #NoEggItsOkToEatRaw!!! #cookiedough recipe: http://makingtheworldcuter.com/2012/10/paleo-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough/EDIT: verdict: they are pretty darn yummy!
Healthy Honey Spiced Glazed Chicken
1 package boneless skinless chicken thighs (you should get about 8 thighs per package)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1. Mix spices together and set aside.
2. Mix honey and cider vinegar and set aside.
3. Un-tuck chicken thighs so they are flat. Cover both sides in seasoning, set flat onto sheet pan. When all chicken as been seasoned put under broiler* (I put mine on low just so I don’t worry about burning the chicken)
4. Cook for 5-7 minutes on one side and flip. Cook for a 5-7 minutes on other side. Flip again and then baste the chicken in honey/cider mixture. Be sure to really get the chicken covered. Add to oven again and let it cook under the broiler for a few minutes until the honey starts to thicken up and glaze. It may smoke a little but this is completely normal.
5. Take chicken out of oven and let rest for a few minutes before devouring. You don’t want to burn your mouth with all that hot honey glaze!
recipe at: http://easy-cookbook-recipes.com/healthy-crockpot-spicy-honey-chicken/ (don’t know why it says crockpot in the hyperlink… cook these in the oven on broil.
I love it when I find a recipe and I already have all of the ingredients in my house (this is EXTREMELY rare!) Also when I find a recipe that says it takes 20minutes to make, and it ACTUALLY only takes 20minutes to make I get really excited! I also love when I make “healthy” and “paleo” things that my #nonpaleoboyfriend will eat, and ends up LOVING. This might be his new favorite chicken to eat. Although he un-paleos it up by eating it with rice-a-roni, but that’s fine with me. I can make the main dish for both of us and then we can each make the sides we want for ourselves.
Tips for next time…
cook this on a baking pan with shallow sides vs a cookie sheet, so the juices don’t spill over the sides.
Sprinkle seasoning mix over the chicken more evenly (got some really SPICY bites and some not so spicy bites.
Find a better way to apply the honey mixture to the chicken (I just poured it on top of the chicken from the bowl) so more it stays on the chicken.
my goal was to be at or under 2minutes on each.
It’s hard to pace myself, since when I run I want to push myself to what I know I USED to be able to do. But I remind myself that I need to take it easy.
The total of 1.5miles is greatest distance I have run at one time since my injury. I wore my brace on my foot, and had no pain while running.
Iced with frozen peas on my foot when I got home and am about to do some mobility.